Mini Protein Muffins! OMG try these!
6 egg whites
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil2 teaspoons pure vanilla
1 medium banana, mashed…
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/8 cup ground flax
2 scoops ZEN Fuze Vanilla ProteinPowder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Fat free cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large mixing bowl, gently combine allingredients.
Spray mini muffin pan with fat freecooking spray. Pour batter into minimuffin pan.
Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes,making sure not to over-bake.
2 Muffins = 175 cal…14g P, 6g F, 17g C Perfect PFC breakfast!
8 MINUTE SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS
Asparagus and Shrimp Stir Fry:
2T olive oil
1/2 pound raw shrimp
1/2 pound asparagus
1/4t crushed red pepper flakes
2t soy sauce
1T or so lemon juice
In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, season with half of the salt and all of the red pepper flakes. Cook until shrimp is pink, about 4-5 min. Remove shrimp and set aside.
Repeat the process with the asparagus (I like to add bell pepper too) and use the garlic and the rest of the salt. You could also add a teaspoon of fresh ginger if you have it. Stir quickly, about 2 minutes, until crisp but tender.
Return the shrimp to join the asparagus in the skillet and add the soy sauce, stir until combined and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serves 2
DETOX PANCAKES (GLUTEN, DAIRY FREE)
3oz egg whites
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
Combine all ingredients in blender and pour into pancakes onto medium-high heated skillet or griddle using coconut oil spray or other non-caloric cooking spray.
SALAD JAR (ULTIMATE MEAL PREP)
Use the wide-mouth quart size Mason jars (I have also reused some big pickle jars, haha)
I like to make 5 jars on Sunday while I am meal prepping, it saves more time than if you build as you go. So get to layering, and suit your own fancy…If you want PFC all in one jar, try layering beans, veggies, and meat on top as to not get the lettuce wilted.
I put my dressing on the side in a small container for each jar. I like 1T olive oil, balsamic vinegar to taste, and Dijon mustard to taste all together and shake, shake, shake!
PFC APPROVED PB COOKIES
1-1/4 cups almond flour
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4-1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes
Makes: 1 small pizza
Serving size: 1 small pizza
Calories per serving: 280
Protein per serving: 23 grams
Fat per serving: 11 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 15.5 grams
- 1 low-carbohydrate, 8” whole wheat or gluten-free tortilla
- Fat-free cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons all-natural tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup reduced fat (not low-fat) sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2½ ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks or shredded
- 1 tablespoon organic all-natural barbecue sauce
- Onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Place tortilla on a cookie sheet and spray the tortilla lightly with fat-free cooking spray.
- Spread tomato sauce on top.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken and barbecue sauce, and then layer on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle onions, peppers, and remaining cheese on top of pizza.
- Cook for 8–10 minutes, or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool slightly, and cut into quarters.
GAME DAY NACHOS
Grab ‘n’ Go
This lean take on nachos takes only minutes to make if you have sweet potato chips prepared ahead of time for the week. Simply cut sweet potatoes in thin, even slices, coat lightly with fat- free cooking spray, season with Mrs. Dash seasoning of your choice, and bake at 450˚F until crispy, about 20–30 minutes. Just keep an eye on the potatoes while they cook, as they tend to burn.
Calories per serving: 216
Protein per serving: 19.5 grams
Fat per serving: 6 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 18.5 grams
- 3 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Favorite Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Large handful homemade sweet potato chips (recipe above)
- 1 ounce chopped tomatoes
- ½ ounce salsa (without sugar)
- 1 ounce avocado, chopped
Method of Preparation:
- In a small bowl, toss chicken with desired amount of Mrs. Dash seasoning. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Arrange sweet potato chips on a plate.
- Place seasoned, shredded chicken on top. Add tomatoes, salsa, and chopped avocado. Add a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash seasoning on top if desired.
- Heat entire plate in the microwave for about 45 seconds to warm it up.
Grab n’ Go (if turkey chili is made already) / Gourmet Style
This rich and spicy chili recipe is easy to make and great for family lunches or dinners and grab ’n’ go meals all week long. Fresh toppings like sour cream, cilantro, and diced red onion add texture and flavor. Try doubling the ingredients for plenty of extra meals throughout the week. To increase the heat, add more cayenne pepper or jalapeño.
Makes 7 servings
Serving size: 1 heaping cup
Calories per serving: 258
Protein per serving: 20 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 25 grams
Fat per serving: 7 grams
- Fat-free cooking spray
- 1 (20-ounce) package 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, plus extra if necessary
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes (Cento brand petite diced are good)
- 1 (20-ounce) can black beans
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small red onion or bunch of scallions, finely chopped
- Spray a pot with fat- free cooking spray and place over medium- high heat.
- Once hot, add ground turkey and break up meat with spatula.
- Add cumin, thyme, salt, cayenne, and paprika and cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Once turkey is cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove it to a bowl (keeping as much fat as possible in the pot) and set aside.
- Add onions, celery, and bell peppers to the pot and sauté for approximately 3 minutes.
- Season gently with a pinch of salt.
- Add jalapeño and garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add turkey to the vegetables in the pot and stir well.
- Add tomatoes and beans and simmer, covered, over low heat for about 15 minutes (or more if you have the time) until thickened.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of sour cream per serving and some red onions and cilantro.